Funds Availability Policy Disclosure (Rev 11/20)
This policy disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Bay Atlantic Federal Credit Union. It only applies to the availability of funds in “transaction accounts”. Transaction accounts are accounts that do not limit the number or types of withdrawals or transfers you may make. The Credit Union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts that are not transaction accounts for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy. Please ask us if you have a question about which of your accounts are affected by this policy.
1. GENERAL POLICY — Our policy is to delay the availability of funds from your cash and check deposits. During the delay, you may not withdraw the funds in cash and we will not use the funds to pay checks that you have written.
2. DETERMINING THE AVAILABILITY OF A DEPOSIT — When we delay the availability of a deposit the length of the delay is determined by counting the business days from the day of your deposit. Everyday is a business day except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays. If you make a deposit on a day that we are not open, we will consider the deposit to have been made on the next business day we are open. The length of the delay varies depending on the type of deposit and is explained below.
3. SAME-DAY AVAILABILITY — Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the same business day we receive the deposit.
4. SAME-DAY AVAILABILITY — Funds from the following deposits are available by the first business day after the day of your deposit:
U.S. Treasury checks that are payable to you.
Checks drawn on Bay Atlantic Federal Credit Union.
5. SAME-DAY AVAILABILITY FOR CERTAIN DEPOSITS MADE IN PERSON — Funds from the following deposits are available by the first business day after the day we receive your deposit if you make the deposit in person to one of our employees:
State and local government checks that are payable to you.
Cashier’s, certified, and teller’s checks that are payable to you.
Federal Reserve Bank checks, Federal Home Loan Bank checks, and postal money orders, if these items are payable to you.
If you do not make your deposit in person to one of our employees (for example, if you mail the deposit), funds from these deposits will be available by the second business day after the day we receive your deposit.
6. AVAILABILITY OF OTHER CHECK DEPOSITS — The first $225.00 from a deposit of other checks will be available by the first business day after the day of your deposit. The remaining funds will be available by the second business day after the day of your deposit. For example, if you deposit a local check of $700.00 on a Monday, $225.00 of the deposit will be available by Tuesday. The remaining $475.00 will be available by Wednesday.
7. HOLDS ON OTHER FUNDS — If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
8. LONGER DELAYS MAY APPLY — Funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525.00 on any one (1) day.
You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the eleventh business day after the day of your deposit.
9. SPECIAL RULES FOR NEW ACCOUNTS — If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525.00 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available by the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,525.00 will be available by the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,525.00 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit.
Funds from all other check deposits will be available by the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
10. DEPOSITS AT NONPROPRIETARY ATMS — Funds from any deposits (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we do not own or operate will not be available until the fifth business day after the date of your deposit. This rule does not apply at ATMs that we own or operate. All ATMs that we own or operate are identified as our machines.
©CUNA MUTUAL GROUP, 1993, 2007, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED